Willamette Valley Miners was founded by five ambitious weekend miners in March 1986. By the end of the first year the club grew to 25 members. Today the club has become an association and totals more than 300+ families through out the area and offers outings and activities.
Members of the association have a wide variety of talent and knowledge in mining and related areas. Some members have more than 40 years of experience and are willing to share this knowledge and helpful tips and hints. Today's association is active and growing to fit the needs of it's members ages 5 to 99.
The purpose of the association is to keep alive the spirit, and preserve the rights and privilege of all miners and prospectors by encouraging small-scale mining and helping establish a positive image of today's mineral prospectors and miners.
Members of the Willamette Valley Mining Association enjoys many benefits:
- Mining claims are available to members to use at any time at no additional cost
- Membership card and claims guide
- Various Outings each month
- Use of WVM Mining Claims
- Metal Detecting
- WVM booth at the GPAA and Rickreal Rock & Gem Show
- Miners Rendezvous at Quartzville Recreation Area
- Workshops, Information Sharing & More
- Potlucks & Family Christmas Party
- Raffles with great prizes
- WVM web-site excess
- Up-to-date information about changes in mining legislation
- Access to the member-only portion of this website
- Monthly club meetings in Salem, OR
- Monthly newsletter
We hope you enjoy our website and we look forward to any comments or questions which you can submit by contacting us. If you are as interested in gold mining as we are, or just want to get out and explore some great Oregon locations, we welcome you to join us.